tommyflan

POLL: Copper - hot or not?

Tom Flanagan
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Copper is very much en vogue of late, and I have to say I'm a big fan myself - there's something quite, i don't know, charming about it.

But what do you think, are you joining in the trend, or do you just not get it? Let us know!
Privat Residencial Ambach · More Info
Hot
Not

Comments (18)

• PRO
    Neatsmith
    9 years ago
    We are also big fans of this new trend! We recently put three hanging lamps above our display kitchen in our new Hatch End showroom.
    Tom Flanagan thanked Neatsmith
  • Emmeline Westin
    9 years ago
    Nice kitchen! The chairs are Houzz green :)
  • pavinia
    9 years ago
    Copper - so so hot!
    Industrial Chic · More Info
  • alant1000
    9 years ago
    I love copper against white minimal and am using this theme in my new kitchen. I did try it in my lounge with a Tom Dixon copper sphere ceiling pendant, (ok, an online version of it), and it was a disaster as it didn't let any light into the room. Silly me really as its a decorative light. Any copper pendant will never work well as a main light.
  • PRO
    Camellia Interiors Ltd
    9 years ago
    We love it! We used accents of copper in our Fistral Blue Project to complement the ochre and blue tones.
    Tom Flanagan thanked Camellia Interiors Ltd
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    @camelliainteriorsltd I love the floor lamp guys! And @WrenKitchens I love the kitchen - is it on Houzz? And @Neatsmith, you can't go wrong with hanging lamps, great choice!
  • PRO
    Wren Kitchens
    9 years ago
    Thanks @TomFlanagan! Yes here's the link to the page with that kitchen on
    Linea Kitchen in Super White & Raven Gloss · More Info
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Is that a chalkboard in the back? I love both overhead lamps - beautifully angular!
  • PRO
    Wren Kitchens
    9 years ago
    Yes chalkboard :) it's got a bit of an industrial feel which we also love!
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Agreed - industrial is my absolute favourite style so this had me the moment I saw it! Keep them coming - fantastic projects! Any more copper photos anyone wants to share?
  • PRO
    Maud interiors
    9 years ago
    Copper, the blushing, timeless metal. It's definitely hot! We love the way the patina changes over time. Our copper ware works well in contemporary, industrial and rustic settings. It's hand beaten by coppersmiths from Indian NGO, Intach, using a technique dating back to the seventeenth century. The tiny indentations on the copper reflect and radiate light.
  • PRO
    Anthony Edwards Kitchens
    9 years ago
    Copper makes such a tactile worktop, it feels great and the patina keeps changing ! We are just about to install in a farmhouse kitchen
  • Izzy Fowler
    9 years ago
    in small amounts copper is as you say really quite charming but explode a room with it or get the wrong tone/shading and you have lost that special effect
  • Jo DP
    9 years ago
    so good to see the warmth of copper but also old gold. Love the warmer metals that for so long took a back seat to chrome. Just hope, however, copper doesn't become the new "Grey".
  • peediewee
    9 years ago
    never thought about copper. just moved to a victorian semi and putting we touches like antiqued brass door handles. never ever liked shiny chrome, i think it looks cold (didn't want polished brass either) but i think copper could be quite warm.
  • laird_carol
    9 years ago
    Love copper, hate the patina it eventually attains.
  • PRO
    NAT MAKS
    9 years ago
    I find the combination of copper with aquamarine very satisfying... So much so I had to create a copper colour for my wallpaper 'Zhivago'!