Decking
14 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (22)
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
Related Discussions
Flooring for deck over garage
Comments (0)We currently have a deck on the first floor over the garage. It construction is wood with a water proof membrane over, that is now leaking, with carpet that is used on boats over the top. What would be the lightest and best floor covering to use when we re do the deck?...See MoreExterior advice needed,?deck,? Wooden cladding for bricks,?door colour
Comments (0)I desperately in need of advice as I cannot make a decission.... sorry, pics are in comments as I could not attach them here, new to this.... 1. I am unsure which colour to paint the front door, the wooden has an ugly stained brownish colour, happy to sand or to paint, but mental block about colour - grey/black or white? 2. Thinking about recladding the bricks with horizontal wooden slates as per last pic.Is that a good idea? Not suited? Friends say too expansive here in NZ but i am happy to pay if it will suit the house. 3.Shall we put a deck in front of the french door connecting the entrance, which I would then cover with wood as well to get rid of the concrete. Too much wood? And what about the planters, leave the bricks, cover as well, I prefer to cover them.Input much appriciate as my dear partner would leave it as is:) House specs: 1951 house, render, with the bit of fake brick in the front. The entrance face the front garden, it is visible from the street through trees.I love the good size garden, obviously the deck will take a bit away, hence I would not choose a big deck. My thought deck and then one step down to sit on as well, if that makes sense.Thanks for everybodies input - i am in the brainstorming phase. We are in the South Island New Zealand. Sorry, struggling with uploading pics. I will keep trying to get the photo of the whole house up.Screen just turns white when i try to upload...See MoreMy pine decking timber has cupped during storage.
Comments (1)You want the curve to face down wherever possible, so it does not retain water and increase the potential for slippery algae, moss and rot. This diagram shows how timber shrinks differentially depending on the grain direction and the orientation of the board within the log it was cut from. https://media1.britannica.com/eb-media/19/67719-004-A5F7ECED.jpg...See MoreThinking of replacing some diagonal bracing under a deck with a wall
Comments (0)...See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago


Colleen Elizabeth