helke

Exterior advice needed,?deck,? Wooden cladding for bricks,?door colour

helke
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I desperately in need of advice as I cannot make a decission.... sorry, pics are in comments as I could not attach them here, new to this....
1. I am unsure which colour to paint the front door, the wooden has an ugly stained brownish colour, happy to sand or to paint, but mental block about colour - grey/black or white?
2. Thinking about recladding the bricks with horizontal wooden slates as per last pic.Is that a good idea? Not suited? Friends say too expansive here in NZ but i am happy to pay if it will suit the house.
3.Shall we put a deck in front of the french door connecting the entrance, which I would then cover with wood as well to get rid of the concrete. Too much wood? And what about the planters, leave the bricks, cover as well, I prefer to cover them.Input much appriciate as my dear partner would leave it as is:)
House specs: 1951 house, render, with the bit of fake brick in the front. The entrance face the front garden, it is visible from the street through trees.I love the good size garden, obviously the deck will take a bit away, hence I would not choose a big deck. My thought deck and then one step down to sit on as well, if that makes sense.Thanks for everybodies input - i am in the brainstorming phase. We are in the South Island New Zealand. Sorry, struggling with uploading pics. I will keep trying to get the photo of the whole house up.Screen just turns white when i try to upload

Comment