simonedelaney

Barn Doors, Yay or Neigh?

Simone Delaney
9 years ago
Been noticing many barn doors in the home lately, do you think this is just a passing trend or is it here to stay?
Mill Valley Bungalow · More Info
Yay, I'd love some hay
Neigh, keep it away!

Comments (21)

• Max Powers
    9 years ago
    Max Powers keeps his horse in the horse barn, along with its horse barn door. No place for these in the house.
  • PRO
    Olivia Kwarda Tuivaga
    9 years ago
    I LOVE barn doors!
  • PRO
    The Modern Source Inc.
    9 years ago

Pretty cute!

• PRO
    Moteef
    9 years ago
    Barn doors can be modern! I just put some into my house, albeit a modern take... you can see them in this photo on either side of the doorway leading to our tv room. we were intending on exposed rails but the mechanism to hang doors like this cost more than a small country!!!
  • PRO
    Fish Lane Studios
    9 years ago
    Given the style of your house the barn door suits it totally!! Very fitting - love the imagery and concept - well done!!
  • abd9999
    9 years ago
    Love them! If i had the space i'd have some for sure
  • Starry Z
    9 years ago
    *yea *nay (OCD.. sorry)..... and it's a YEA from me!
  • PRO
    AYMOTH
    9 years ago
    There is a fantastic DIY version on Vintage Revivals;

http://www.vintagerevivals.com/2015/01/diy-bypass-barn-doors-part-1.html

It lends itself to a completely custom solution for your own decor style...

I'm a yay, but only for areas where noise (or smell - i.e. toilet) leak aren't a problem.
  • Cindy Monks
    9 years ago
    Love that idea!!! good choice
  • PRO
    elsker design
    9 years ago
    Love them! I am going to install a frosted barn door on my ensuite
  • PRO
    m.z.e Design Studio
    9 years ago
    I adore the use of barn doors in the home. They can look great in a number of different styles. I will be putting one in my son's bedroom for his large wardrobe, keep you posted
  • Vy
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

love them ..something different instead of the boring internal sliders ..a bit of character

• User
    8 years ago

They are great where you don't need total privacy. So nay to bathroom or bedroom.

• PRO
    Civic Steel Homes
    8 years ago

Love the flexibility they give to a space. We prefer the modern contemporary versions that go with our architecture but the concept is the same.

Modern Home Theatre · More Info

• Sarah Beutel
    7 years ago

Yay!

• PRO
    Bristow Design
    7 years ago
    They look very stylish as feature doors in more rustic style homes. This is one of my latest homes near Noosa Qld.
  • PRO
    The Bed Shop Ballarat
    7 years ago

Love barn doors . we are extending the sofa store show room here in Ballarat and are having a very large barn door installed, here is a photo of the door and the open space behind is where it will be hung ,

• Renae Michelle
    7 years ago

Moteef I love what you have done with your TV room - we are considering sliding doors in this style also. Can I ask the width - dimensions of the doorway opening - I am really unsure how wide to make the space and yours looks perfect thanks !

• PRO
    The Bed Shop Ballarat
    7 years ago

the sofa store ballarat, lovin the barn door in the new extension , also love the stone wall finish

• Double D
    7 years ago

Bristow design , they look amazing, so does the house!!!!!!