lkool62

Privacy film

Laura Hunter
9 years ago
Looking for window film that will let me look outside but block outsiders from looking in from the st,yet still letting the light in my home. What film is best for that,and is it easy to install? What degree of shade do I need?
3M NightVision · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Advantage Window Films
    9 years ago

Privacy film is usually 20% dark. Equal to the same shade as found in a pair of sunglasses.
    This will give you daytime privacy from outsiders, while still being able to see out. Unfortunately, at night when lights are on inside the home you will no longer have the same type of privacy as you have during daytime hours. Thank you for your question.
    Marc / Advantage Window Films

• PRO
    SOLARIS
    9 years ago

Laura unfortunately you want what we in the industry call the "magic film". You can get great daytime privacy with window films, particularly if they have some exterior reflectivity. This effect is diminished if the interior walls are brightly colored or if there are windows in the same area creating a backlit view. Night privacy with film can only be achieved if it is opaque or frosted which will keep you from seeing out as well.

Use film for daytime privacy and blinds or shades for night privacy if needed. Good luck!

• Muskokatana
    9 years ago
    im not sure if this even applies but when i bought my cabin I needed privacy stat. i sprayed fake window etching on my windows from a certain height down. As.i got the window coverings done i washed it off. might do you temporarily.