marilynclark1221

Eco recycled countertops.

Marilyn Clark
8 years ago
I am unable to find sufficient reviews to help make my decision as to whether to use this material. Anyone have any input that could help? We do not have a pampered kitchen. The countertops are used daily. Thank you for any comments that could help

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Imagine Surfaces
    8 years ago

Hi Marilyn,

I sell a lot of recycled countertops. The main product we sell is Vetrazzo Recycled Glass. It is a great kitchen countertop, but there are definitely some things to be aware of. It is 83% recycled glass, so scratching and heat won't be an issue. I do always recommend continuing to use a cutting board no matter your countertop surface though. At the least, the countertop will dull your knife. Also, the concrete in the material can etch, so try to keep acidic items off of the surface. It won't etch right away like marble, but it is good to be cautious. Let me know if you have any more questions!

• Angela
    last year

Hello,

We purchased 2 large slabs of Vetrazzo Emerald Green countertops for our kitchen island. Beautiful. HOWEVER, 1 month after having them installed I noticed etching starting to form. At this point we had hardly used the countertop and have always careful with cutting boards, wiping up spills, etc. Water marks started forming that would eventually dry. Called the certified fabricator out to have a look and he reiterate that he properly sealed and prepared the piece. We had the rep come out from UMI where we purchased it from and he confirmed something was not right, A year later, the etching is still there, marks are still there and the coutner top looks dull, the cement in certain areas has "darkened" permanently in areas and it doesn't look anything like I feel it should look like after spending $27,000 for 2 slabs! I bought a large cutting board to cover a certain area where the cement has totally "browned" over time! I would NOT recommend for kitchen use. Perhaps a small bathroom vanity but NOT A WHOLE KITCHEN ISLAND. I am rethinking this whole Vetrazzo think and wish I would have went with another material. We have a gourmet kitchen with high end appliances and this seems to "cheapen" the overlook look of our kitchen. I really wanted to love this but the durability is awful and could not recommend.