baileydr

Blank canvas - living area overlooking canal

Denise Bailey
8 years ago
Any ideas to furnish this area in our new beach house on Bribie Island in Queensland Australia. I'm looking for relaxed but classy casual. The two photos show each side of the room which is open plan and backs on to kitchen. Thanks in advance. Denise

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    8 years ago

Perhaps sharing some images of our designs from our portfolio will aid you in moving forward?

Modern Glamour · More Info

Historic School House Apartment · More Info

Traditional Cedar Creek · More Info

• PRO
    Inline Design
    8 years ago

That's what I call a view! Great space.

• groveraxle
    8 years ago

Hi, Bailey. I just took a stroll through page 1 of your ideabook and see that your style is transitional, but you do like a bit of quirk. You've got the perfect house for it, clean and simple, it can go any way you want.

First, select furniture with an eye to maximize the views. Here's a room from your ideabook that does that.

jamesthomas, LLC · More Info

Once you've decided what pieces you need and where they will go, find the room in your ideabook that has the exact feeling you want and use it to inform the styles and colors you choose, Put everything you're thinking of buying (along with stuff you already have) on an inspiration board, then swap things in and out as you work to complete your design.

Don't buy any big stuff till your design is mostly complete. Nothing worse than falling in love with and buying a rug, and then finding there is nothing else in the whole wide world that goes with it.

• groveraxle
    8 years ago

One more thing. Here's another photo from your ideabook where you like the drapes. Please notice that these drapes, while beautiful, pretty much only work in this room. Everything in this room looks like it was chosen with every other thing in mind. That's what I encourage you to do.

Yaletown Loft · More Info

• Denise Bailey
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks for your input - it is much appreciated.
  • donnawildy
    7 years ago

Try some nice cane furniture to the right and in the left put a lovely comphy L shape suite with a 60inch TV on the blank wall and put something of your liking in between them to seperate

• PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    7 years ago

OLD DISCUSSION