ediblekitchen

Living Room furniture placement - need help

ediblekitchen
7 years ago

I am really struggling with the furniture placement of this living room. I got some help from a designer (option 1), but I don't like the sofa placed in front of the window and we would have to get a new (very large) coffee table to make this work.

Here are two photos of the space as it is currently - very bare. The plan is to paint the walls white and white wash the fireplace brick. We'll need to add artwork, window treatments and I have 2 leather arm chairs that we can add to the space. I'm also not sure what to do with the track lighting, but I thought I would figure that out after I determine the furniture placement. Also, don't pay attention to the view of the pink kitchen through the doorway in the 2nd photo, the kitchen will be remodeled.

The majority of the time the room will need to seat 4 to 6 people, but I'd like to be able to seat 8 people by pulling up an extra chair or so. I'd like the fireplace to be the focal point more so than the TV. But it would be good to have at least 2 comfortable spots to watch the occasional movie from. We won't be watching much TV and it's just the two of us, though we do plan to entertain quite a bit.

Here is furniture placement 1:

And here is furniture placement 2:

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions welcome!

Comments (16)

Sponsored