carlosromanos

What's the benefit of a salt water pool?

Carlos Romanos
7 years ago

I am looking at getting a pool installed in the backyard before summer.. I have heard salt water pools are great but know nothing about them.

What are the benefits of Salt water pools?

Comments (2)

• Jenny Spain
    7 years ago

Had ours installed just before the summer.....your swimsuits dont smell of chlorine....you only have to throw a bag of salt in the pool 6 monthly...better to be chemical free....if you have a glass fence installed it pays to rinse off splashes from pool often to avoid salt stain on the glass. My advice would be to heat your pool....we used a heat pump....n nz summer constant temp of 27 or 28 .....delightful...stay in longer. We love our new pool hope you do too!

Carlos Romanos thanked Jenny Spain
  • PRO
    MORGAN+STONE
    7 years ago

Hi Carlos, many of our clients choose salt or mineral water treatment systems for their ease of use and their cost effectiveness over time.

You add sodium chloride (salt) to your pool and as it is pumped around the filtration system it passes an electrode that creates chlorine gas. This chlorine gas is what sanitises you water killing bacteria and keeping your water healthy.

What size is the pool you're looking for as we can let you know the setup costs for a system like this.

Carlos Romanos thanked MORGAN+STONE