jacksont19

Help!! Whats a funky alternative like besser bricks for screening?

Jackson Taylor
7 years ago

My wife and I are working on redesigning our entertaining area around our pool. We are trying to think of a different way to screen the neighbours ugly brick wall. We have dreamed of using besser bricks. To our disappointment the bricks are viewed as climbable so we cannot use them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hidden Desert South · More Info

Comments (13)

• bigreader
    7 years ago
    Commenting to bump into active. I think you will have very limited options.
  • Betty Weaver
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have to disagree with bigreader. Whenever you put your mind to something, you can come up with a solution! How about a selection of tall beautiful plants? Or a hedge! Could work wonders.

Jackson Taylor thanked Betty Weaver
  • PRO
    Olivia Kwarda Tuivaga
    7 years ago

Damn! Besser bricks are great. I'm not sure of the greatest alternative - but I've always used Brickworks! So many options and you can get pretty creative!

https://www.houzz.com.au/projects/users/brickworksbp 

Jackson Taylor thanked Olivia Kwarda Tuivaga
  • oklouise
    7 years ago

consider steel mesh...there are many different styles including some that are usually used for floors in pig pens

Jackson Taylor thanked oklouise
  • PRO
    anewhouse.com.au
    7 years ago

I've seen fast climbing plants grown up vertical stainless steel balustrade wire.

See http://allthingsstainless.com.au/stainless-steel-wire-diy-balustrade-kits.html

Jackson Taylor thanked anewhouse.com.au
  • PRO
    Designers by Nature
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

what about some lazer cut steel panels? loads of options and now-a-days they can cut just about any image/ pattern into them

Urban Infill · More Info

Jackson Taylor thanked Designers by Nature
  • robandlyn
    7 years ago

If besser bricks are deemed climbable, I'm guessing laser cut panels will too?

• PRO
    Designers by Nature
    7 years ago

Possibly @robandlyn, I was using the image more as a reference for the lazer cut panels. There are a lot of designs that have a much tighter profile/ images etc. it would come down to the relevant building surveyor/ authority to make the call and approve but it does gives Jackson an alternative to explore.

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    7 years ago

Can you post a picture of the area in question?

• LesleyH
    7 years ago
    Perforated metal screen.
  • Gallifrey
    7 years ago

I have used laser cut screens with perspex sheet behind on a barn door in our breezeway. may be an alternative, and will not be climbable.

• cloudpants
    7 years ago
    Our neighbours have wide wooded vertical slats placed so that they slightly overlap, but with an airflow space between. Hard to describe, but my crude sketch may help....