robynlev

Which bathroom vanity quartz countertop with Carrara marble floor tile

robynlev
7 years ago

I have carrara marble hexagon tile floor in my bathroom with white 3x6 subway tiled walls. Which color quartz for the vanity countertop would coordinate with the floor? I am concerned about getting a quartz countertop that has creamy/warm white undertones clashing with the floor. Help!

Comments (8)

• naomituchmann
    7 years ago

I am having the exact same problem as the writer above. Am going crazy trying to find a quartz countertop for our bathroom that isn't too creamy/warm/taupe to coordinate with my Hampton Carrara (three inch) hex floor tiles that have already been purchased (Does anyone have anyone experience with the new stones that are coming out now?) Thank you so much

• naomituchmann
    7 years ago

Forgot to mention that is for a very large master bath and my walls will be painted a very light blue grey.

• acm
    7 years ago

Well (a) pick the paint last, as there are zillion shades of that, so much easier to match to other harder things, and (b) there should be plenty of grays or whites that would match -- you just need to take samples of the flooring around when looking at possible counters (or vice versa). It might also depend a bit on the color of your vanity -- that is, with a white vanity, you just need the right shade of gray quartz, but with a gray vanity, you might need a white or a marble-look...

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago

Why not use the same cararra on the counter and I would be very careful with the wall color and would not finalize that until the whole bathroom is put together

• naomituchmann
    7 years ago

Bianco Gioia bu ColorQuartz?

Thank You for your suggestions. I will definitely choose the paint colors after everything else.

However, my real dilemma is finding a quartz countertop. A good match would be relatively "easy" with a marble countertop, but it's a Cape Cod summer house and I don't want the maintenance that comes with marble; also the floor tiles not withstanding (in hindsight not the best choice though beautiful) doesn't feel quite right for the rest of the house.

Is anyone familiar with Bianco Gioia - a new color by Colorquartz?

I'm seeing a slab tomorrow for the second time. Since the lack of a countertop is holding up the renovations, I'm hoping this stone will be sufficiently white and the pattern sufficiently muted in juxtaposition with the tumbled carrara hex tiles.

I always bring a mesh sample of the tiles with me as well as our white door but the showroom lighting can be challenging. In person, the patterning on the slab appears to be more subtle and muted than the few promotional photos that are on-line.

Again, many thanks.

• naomituchmann
    7 years ago

What about Bianco Gioia ColorQuartz with carrara marble?

• PRO
    RENO SUR MESURE
    6 years ago

Hi how about white natural gray concrete countertop with epoxy finnish