mikec171

Help Requested! Window Color / Exterior Color Palette

mikec171
6 years ago

OK, thank you in advance for any ideas and recommendations. This is what the outside of our house looks like currently:

We would like to update the colors from the avacado green but are in paralysis by analysis. As you can see the original windows are green, front door and trim is green, the deep soffits are green, and gutters are brown. We are starting the renovation with new windows. We have narrowed the window colors down to the below two. Canvas (an off-white / cream) and Sandtone (a light brownish / slight gray color - it renders as gray on my laptop monitor but it shows accurate tan/brown/gray on my phone).

Which color do you guys think makes the most sense? What do we do about the horrible panels below the windows? Keep the shutters and wrought iron? Keep them black? Paint those panels the same color as windows and put a trim square in them?

What about gutters and soffit color? My wife and I are terrible and trying to visualize these things. Here's a close up of a window, our brick, and soffit.

Thank you so, so much for your thoughts and ideas. First decision up is window color.

-Mike

Comments (27)