watchedpoppy

Any reviews on AEG Induction cooktops?

watchedpoppy
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am thinking of getting an AEG H2H induction cooktop like the 70CM HKP75410XB. 70cm is a good size. Prefer that to the 60 or 80cm ones. It has 4 cooking zones, black ceramic top, stainless steel surround.

Any experience as to how well the power boost works? Can you boil something and keep it boiling if you want? Is it noisy when its on? Are the controls easy to use and in a good place? What brand of induction cookware work well with it? Does the top scratch easily?......

Any information appreciated. Any other suggestions on a good induction cooktop?

My first time with this type of cook top.

https://www.winningappliances.com.au/p/aeg-70cm-induction-cooktop-hkp75410xb

Comments (9)

• C P
    6 years ago
    I have had this for only a few weeks and love it but just last night I put a pot on a back burner and it took ages to boil which has never happened before. usually it's instantaneous.
  • watchedpoppy
    Original Author
    6 years ago

So CP do you think it was how the pot was positioned or a looming fault (fingers crossed the former). Do you find the food heats evenly in the pot/pan?

• C P
    6 years ago
    i definitely think pot. i have to say I think its great and the one youre ,ooking at is even better.
    watchedpoppy thanked C P
  • C P
    6 years ago
    sorry fat finger typing there
  • rae23x
    5 years ago

Hi Watchedpoppy, I just wondered if you purchased the HKP75410XB as I am looking at getting the same one. It looks fantastic but I am keen for feedback before i go the next step. Thank you

• watchedpoppy
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Rae, yes I did purchase that AEG induction cooktop. The kitchen is just in the process of going in so unfortunately I haven't used it. Not sure of your timeframe but I think with my renovation I will get in around mid June so I can let you know then.

• luckyladylondon
    4 years ago

How is it going with the cooktop watchedpoppy?

• watchedpoppy
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I have been using it for about 1 year. It heats up on the power setting very quickly maybe marginally faster than gas which I had before.

What I love about it is the ease of getting down to a simmer quickly and sustainably. With gas previously it was difficult to get to a simmer.

I have used the flexipart only a few times and it seems easy to set and select.

I would not get a hob less than 70cm if you want to put 4 pots or pans on at once. 70cm allows me to put on 3 med-large pots/pans and one smaller one without too much crowding.

It has a timer on it and lets you know the time has elapsed. It would be better if the timer did turn the heat off in my opinion.

Cleaning the top is easy with hot water if you get splatters on it.

I haven't used induction before and I am very happy with this induction cooktop.