hapiak

handless gloss or shaker kitchen ?

hapiak
5 years ago
Hi everyone

Thought we had come to a decision on a handless gloss kitchen with marble effect worktop and splashback.

I love the grey and blue shaker style.

I was given the impression early on that shakers can be hard to maintain in house with young children and a dog knocking into them.

I like the clean lines of the handless and thought they’d be easy to wipe clean.

Recently I have had people warn me that the handless always look mucky with finger marks etc and can mark really easy.

What are your views?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Locus Design
    5 years ago

You could try a matt handleless as this gives you the clean lines without having the issue of fingermarks on the gloss. I have seen a matt handleless in a dark blue and it looks fantastic

• PRO
    Spencer Marchand
    5 years ago

Hanwell, London · More Info

Hello, It all depends on what finish your door is in from a durability point of view. Yes a flat slab laminate door is easy to clean as it's one flat surface, but a simple square foil wrapped laminate shaker door with no cock bead is not much harder to look after. Please see image attached of one of our past projects in factory sprayed Light Grey. This hopefully shows you, you can achieve a shaker style kitchen but in a very contemporary way, through the elongated cup handle with the grey mirror splashback. Thanks Spencer Marchand Kitchens in Cookham.

• Daisy England
    5 years ago
    I have matt handleless (dove grey) at home and white gloss matt handleless in my holiday home. Nothing really to choose between them. Regardless the marks are there it’s just that on the matt you can’t really notice them until the show in a specific light.
  • Daisy England
    5 years ago
    Just to mention that cleaning the handleless groove part is quick and easy.
  • hapiak
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you all for your comments.

I think I just need to make a decision ... not great at choosing handles which is why I think I’m leaning towards handless! Simplicity.