webuser_944186815

Mis-match created because KA changed handle design

AJCN
4 years ago

We are replacing an under counter ice maker which sits right next to our 6 year old stainless steel KitchenAid dishwasher. I'm trying to decide what to do since KA changed their handle design at some point in the past 6 years. Since these 2 appliances sit side by side it would be nice if the handles matched. I could:

- Buy SS KA ice maker, and also buy a separate DW handle, switch out the DW handle to match new ice maker. (Q'n: can the DW handle be switched? I looked up KA instructions on installing a new handle and it doesn't look difficult, but I'm wondering if the dimensions would be the same; the instructions were geared toward replacing with same model handle).

- Buy SS KA ice maker, and wait til my DW breaks and needs to replace, hope that they don't change the handle design again for a while, and live with the mis-match in the meantime. (Q'n: How often do appliance companies change handle designs?)

- Buy a panel-ready KA icemaker instead of SS, have my cabinet pro make the panel, and install a cabinet pull which matches my other pulls in the kitchen, rather than trying to match the DW (Q'n: would the 6 year old SW Pearly White paint match the new paint on the panel, or does paint change slightly in that amount of time?)

- Buy a different brand without a visible handle. (Don't know if the SS surface would match)

TIA!

Comments (15)

Sponsored