suetheron_london

Opinions on overflow and popup bath plug for shower-over-bath?

Souzette Lovell
4 years ago

Hi, bathrooms are so complicated!

Now I have to work out whether to stick with the overflow kit supplied with the bath, or seal up the overflow hole, and just insert a standard plug.

I really favour a standard plug, nothing complicated. The overflow kit is fiddly, and despite costing $150 is made of cheap plastic, with a thin spaghetti tube linking the overflow knob to the bath plug. You turn the overflow dial from 12:00 to 3:00, and the bathplug rises or lowers. Just soooo fiddly! And prone to breakages. What f I accidentally step on the raised plug while I'm having a shower?? What if the piece of spaghetti fails for some reason? The whole bath will have to be undone, tiles taken off, waterproofing replaced, to fix it. I'd rather my bath be simple and straightforward

I'd really appreciate opinions please! Has anyone had negative experiences with those pop down bath plugs with dials? Positive? thank you!

versus.....

Comments (2)

• dreamer
    4 years ago

I think you have answered your own question in your comments. Unless for some Australian standard you need the overflow, I would just install the standard plug.

• Kate
    4 years ago

Standard plug with overflow simplified. Your plumber should be able to wok out a better solution