Any ideas for Reconfiguring Greatly Appreciated Please!
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
Related Discussions
Need ideas to 'modernize' old home
Comments (1)I think just removing the wallpaper and and painting (instead of adding more wallpaper) would make a big difference (particularly in the bathroom). Also, I would get rid of the current mirror in the bathroom and replace with a smaller framed type, paint the cabinet and new hardware. Honestly, I think just paint will make a world of difference in your space....See MoreA suitable topic to share ideas for projects on a budget
Comments (77)I won't bother with lattice, barrels are partially obscured from the street by fencing and if I put it up I would have to work around the lattice in order to turn the valves for water. If I can just make better use of collected water I'll be happy. We are at the end of our growing season so I should be cleaning up the garden and putting it to bed for the winter, just can't seem to get motivated. We had our first frost last week. Usually, our average early frost date is 1 November. I got almost no produce from garden this year, but there is always next year. Chookchook2 I've seen some of those decorative metal panels and they are gorgeous, sure hope your budget will allow you to get some before too long. Most of our state has been on fire for a good part of the summer. The closest is across the river from us and they have been battling it for almost a month. Some friends have had to evacuate repeatedly. We've only been concerned once, a small grass fire on our side of the river on a day we had wind gusts up to 65mph. Fortunately, it was put out quickly. Australia and New Zealand have both sent firefighters to help with the blazes. I can't begin to tell you how appreciative we are. The closest fire was fought for almost a week by local volunteers only as there were no other resources available. They were all on other fires. The Army National Guard (reserve troops) were called out to help with support duties and for the first time ever the federal Department of Natural Resources (DNR) asked for civilian volunteers to help with non firefighting tasks, cutting fire breaks, moving supplies etc....See MoreIdeas for outdoor area
Comments (5)I am not sure you need to add a deck or raised paving, when there is a usable surface there already. You will have gained a closer connection to the living area, but you will be more exposed, both to neighbours and to the wind, for a significant cost. Raising the fence may break height restrictions, as mentioned, and will also really box you in visually, especially with overhead louvres. Those may feel too low over a raised area if at eave height, and if higher could look awkward against the house. The fence already shades the area alongside it, so I wouldn't extend any further shading right out to the fenceline. I would consider a shade sail before louvres, both for cost and for a lighter, less boxed in appearance. Is there access to bring in a large tree? A good sized deciduous tree positioned near the fence at the edge of the lawn may be a good way to get some attractive summer shade, autumn colour, added privacy and may be cheaper than a set of movable louvres! Below the new doors from the living area, create wide steps These could wrap around to meet the existing steps. Wide steps can become a casual seating area as well as create a connection to the existing paving, and they are less of a barrier visually than a small set of steps. They could incorporate a planter, which will help to soften an otherwise quite hard outdoor space. This would also allow the lawn to remain connected with the paved area, making it feel larger....See MoreMatt or Gloss benchtop??? Please tell me your experience with both!
Comments (0)We have dark grey and wood cabinets (all matt) and going for a (fine) marble look benchtop - Laminex. The gloss benchtop sample looks really nice and I think it would reflect some light in the room. But the kitchen designer says that it shows marks, scratches and fingers very easily and we should opt for matt. We have three young boys... Any advice or past experiences would be greatly appreciated. Ta...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago





Blum New Zealand