webuser_527567830

Austral Metallix Bricks - has anyone had any problems with them?

Alex
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello anyone had any issues with the Austral Bricks Metallix range?

We are building a new home and using the Austral Metallix Iridum colour brick and i have heard some people have issues with the colour coming off during the cleaning process at build?

Anyone had any issues or know of any issues we should be aware of?

Comments (4)

• macyjean
    3 years ago

I have read the same, I thought those sorts of bricks are supposed to be alright as long as they are cleaned gently, the old standard method of pressure cleaning with hydrochloric acid solution is a no go.

Alex thanked macyjean
  • Alex
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Thank you for your response good to know :) @macyjean

• macyjean
    3 years ago

Well, that's the theory. I remember reading a lot of discussion about it, perhaps not so much on this forum but other building forums, so it might be worth a search. I think that style of brick was new then though so maybe they have sorted the issues or builders have got used to the different requirements. I did wonder, if they need more gentle cleaning do the bricklayers need to work with slower precision knowing that the cleaning process will not be as rigorous? Hopefully someone with recent experience will provide some feedback.

• Alex
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@macyjean hopefully they have sorted the issue. I’ll talk to our builder about the cleaning process. Fingers crossed someone with recent experience can let me know how they went..