fandtlmorena

Grout Application

Tracey
3 years ago

I have just had high gloss tiles laid in my home and the grout looks dirty (like the floor hasn't been cleaned for a long time) it is also crumbly in places. The grout colour should be Olive in colour. It looks horrible. We have the same tiles that were had laid at an earlier time and they look great. What has gone wrong? A different tiler was used each time. The first photo is of the tiles just laid and the other is of what we expected to get.

Comments (6)

• dreamer
    3 years ago

have you given the grout a chance to dry completely?

• Kate
    3 years ago

Are they diff tiles? Was the grout line specified to match? Olive would be a drab colour

• dreamer
    3 years ago

The tile grout looks olive to me. Which you said you chose.

why did you choose a different colour to existing tile grout?

• Tracey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The existing grout colour is also Olive. So the grout should look the same. In some places it looks almost the same but most of it looks like the photo.

• Tracey
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The tiles were laid a couple of months ago. So grout is dry. The tiles are the same and the grout colour is a great match as you can see in the comparison photo. I tried to clean the grout and the cloth comes away dirty and the grout crumbles and comes out from in between the tiles.

• dreamer
    3 years ago

Hi Tracey, in your original post, you said you had "just" had your tiles laid, that is why I suggested letting the grout dry.

but now your saying that it was a "couple of months ago"

so, if that is the case I would return to the tile shop, explain your grout issue, and ask if they can refer you to an expert that could analyse what the issue is with the grout.

since it's been a couple of months and the grout should be the same as the other older grout, then there is definitely an issue, which you need to address with a professional.