webuser_327970142

Dark maroon chesterfield on white tiles?

Mahak Mehta
2 years ago

G'day,
Please share your opinion, as how would dark maroon chesterfield couch look on white tiles? I like the couch but I am not sure how will it look or am I pushing myself too much for this design.
P.s. I can't take blue one in photo, since I do not like velvet at all.

Comments (5)

• C P
    2 years ago

I think you might need a darkish rug to reduce the contrast

• Julie Herbert
    2 years ago

Yes add a rug and some luxurious accessories

• dreamer
    2 years ago

Yes, just cover the white tiles with a very large floor rug.

• User
    2 years ago

I love the couch , and I think it is strong enough to be a feature on its own , but white tiles on their own can look a bit cold . Like the others , I suspect it would look like the entry foyer to a high end office building , rather than a house , so the detail items are important .

A large rug , to me , is almost apologising for the tiles , and also risks being overpowering . I'd do a rug similar tones to Julies 1st pic , but depending on the room size , only maybe 1400 x 2mtrs or similar , so at least twice as much tile as rug could be seen .

Without seeing your house , style , and overall look , I'd take a stab and say I'd probably match the couch with a larger , gold framed mirror on the wall -- depending on other colours in the room , that may not work , but in a neutral palette that would be my 'go-to' .

• PRO
    Designer Rugs
    2 years ago

We agree, a rug will really help with the hard contrast between the lounge and flooring, and make it a bit warmer underfoot as well. If you're looking to fill a particular sized room, it might be hard to find a rug the correct size, so custom made might be the go!

The burgundy colour gives you a lot to play with - for a bold option, try pinks and warm tones!