tammy_cav

hooks or towel rails in bathrooms? pros and cons

Tam J
2 years ago

Hi what do you prefer and why?

Comments (9)

• bigreader
    2 years ago

Rails. Hooks never seem to let the towels dry enough for me.

• Kate
    2 years ago

Both. Hooks for clothes, towel rails for towels

• oklouise
    2 years ago

rails are excellent for spreading the towels to help them dry but in some bathrooms you will need a hook within easy reach of the shower so that you can grab a towel and dry off before stepping out .. a good reason for always including properly scale sized towel rails in your plans

• Anne Monsour
    2 years ago

My next bathroom renovation is going to have a heated towel rail .

• kiwimills
    2 years ago

Just moved to Christchurch, $650 upgrade for 2 heated towel rails.
    I don't care!!
    2 hooks for towel/bathrobe/shower cap/anything weird needed off the floor.

• oklouise
    2 years ago

even better is a heated floor

• Melt In ACT
    2 years ago

OMG @oklouise (argh why won’t it highlight your name)! Is that even possible in a reno/retrofit.

• oklouise
    2 years ago

the heated floor can be installed like an extra thin electric blanket under new tiles (or carpet or timber etc) and we have a portable small electric plug in floor mat under a rug in a study ...not really suitable for a quick heat but ideal for a cold place where the inbuilt timers warms up the floor to suit early morning and late evening and suprisingly cheap to buy but not cheap to run for big rooms .. we live in a cold climate and have underfloor heating under tiles in bathrooms, laundry and mudroom, under fitted carpet down a long hallway and under a loose floor mat to keep feet warm while sitting at a desk in the study and its excellent..... usually available from tile shops and on line suppliers in a range of suitable sizes including by the square metre and installed by tilers and electrician after new waterproofing and before tiles...i think the last time we installed the underfloor heating for a modest sized bathroom was well under $1000 including installation and well worth the cost