an68888

Looking for joinery fit out / desk ideas in WIR - details in post

an68888
2 years ago

Hello Guys,

We have this good space for WIR https://imgur.com/a/R0dWhEq

We quiet loved the joinery fit out, desk and mirror in master bedroom WIR area something like below picture (which is from Clarendon Home's Mosmon plan) : https://www.clarendon.com.au/nsw/home-designs/mosman-56

Our custom builder has told us that our current robe design is White Melamine Single Shelf including 1 hanging rail and 2 x 3 drawers with 3 shelf storage tower unit but I don't know how its going to be in that space and we do not want it in White either. They are happy to consider the other options at price difference so looking for your ideas.

Looking at the available space, could you please share some ideas for joinery fit out, desk and mirror?

Thank you very much for your help and ideas.

Comments (2)

• Liz
    2 years ago

Suggest that you start with looking at how much long and short hanging you need, do you want shelves or drawers or both, do you want shoes racks, clothes hamper...
    Then have a look at some wardrobe companies - some will give dimensions or templates to design your space. Otherwise grab some graph paper and draw out where you want hanging, drawers, shelves etc and see what fits.
    The internal fit out for a wardrobe is dependent on what you need to store.

an68888 thanked Liz
  • PRO
    Clever Closet Company
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hi annalisa86 sorry for the slow reply, I didn't see you sent me a question on this directly.

It depends on what your objective and budget is. If your home builder is willing to be flexible, an alternative to the basic white usually gives the project a lift. Sometimes that might still be a white melamine, but a nicer finish than the standard carcase white and in a thicker board like 18mm or even 25mm looks substantially higher quality than 16mm.

If you want to make the most of the space I've given quite a few suggestions on how to lay wardrobes out in the following articles.

Some clients prefer to have the wardrobe fit-out deleted from the build cost and then use a service such as mine or go directly to a wardrobe company to get something more tailored to your specific needs. This approach is likely to give better value for money, because building companies variation costs are sometimes dis-proportionately expensive. The draw back of this however, is that you probably will have to wait to get the wardrobes installed after your home has been handed over to you.

How to plan your new wardrobe like a pro

plan your wardrobe for the real world

Best of luck with your new home, feel free to get in touch anytime:)

Sally