webuser_46029962

Need help with lighting plan

2 years ago

I could really do with some assistance here as the lighting plan seems to be our last item for our apartment renovation before we can submit to the builder and trying to find the right solution within an affordable budget is causing me a nightmare. We're looking to do downlights through but with a variety to them and two different choices for dining room and bathroom vanity wall light.

Below is our floor plan with a proposed lighting layout, current thoughts on light choices are:

- Blue dots = Recessed 13w 3000k downlights (dimmable)

- Red dots = 15w 3000k Surface mounted downlight (dimmable)

- Pink dots = 9W 3000k Recessed gimble downlights (dimmable - only dimming in living, dining, hallway)

- Yellow dot = Large pendant above dining table

- Green dot = 8w 3000k wall scone

The challenge (and my ask of this great forum) is we only have 65mm void space above the ceiling and our plan to wall wash with the pairs of gimbe downlights I've been advised might be too weak for the space. More powerful gimble downlights don't appear to fit the void space. Does anyone have any other suggested layouts for the living and bedroom areas? Possibly just normal recessed downlights instead?

In the bathroom (note bath is being removed and replaced with a wet room walk in shower) I was wondering if the downlight above vanity needs to be nearer to the sink alignment but then it looks out of alignement with the shower space.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (9)