rekiahl

Clinker Brick - Stone Veneer!

Rekiah Langford
2 years ago

We’ve bought my family home - which is red clinker brick with gray mortar.
We’re doing a whole facade and garden renovation.
I really want a stone facade like attached.
My questions are

• have you had stone put on a brick house? Can you show me before and after photos?
  • will a light stone facade look odd with red brick? And if so how do we improve the look
  • any other opinions on what we should do?
    Note : our style is classic, farmhouse/hamptons

Comments (5)

• C P
    2 years ago

I think looking at your facade that the red brick is the best thing about it.  I would change everything else first (roof, windows, garage doors, landscaping etc). The faux stone facade looks super busy and not really in keeping with your preferred design styles.

• Jan Dobson
    2 years ago

Hi Rekiah, we investigated partial stone facades when we were building, and my advice is do not skimp on the quality and get someone experienced to install. This does mean it may not be as inexpensive as some other options, however. Aesthetics are such a personal thing. I, like CP, and as much as I like the look in general, would update other areas first. I’d also be very careful regarding the colour and maybe look at alternative patterning. Search in Houzz photos: red brick and stonework, filter for exteriors. I also found searching the house sale sites, extremely time consuming, but useful. Imports to compare oranges with oranges though, and not oranges with my ideal 🙂. Good luck and do let us know what you decided

• dreamer
    2 years ago

Hi, my suggestion would be to leave the red brick as is. Paint all your trim black, replace or paint windows to black as well. If budget allows then a new colorbond roof. If you look at the inspiration photo you have posted, every trim is black including the garage doors, so transfer that exactly to your red brick house. Red brick and black look wonderful. To soften the straight lines of the home, maybe install a black pergola, either traditional wood or modern, at the front and landscape with lots of greenery and flowering plants.

• dreamer
    2 years ago

• Julie Herbert
    2 years ago

Love dreamer’s idea of painting your trims and garage doors in black, it would look beautiful, updating your garden by adding a water feature would look gorgeous.