billie_k29

Advice? Layout / design software? Draftsman recommendation Melb

Billie Kamm
2 years ago

We have some very awkward spaces in our little house. Looking to renovate kitchen / laundry/ bathroom, but with such limited space and only the original builder drawings I got from the Council (and they are a mirror image of what's actually built luckily I could flip on my pc) I don't know where to begin. Our biggest issues are not having anywhere to put a dining table for 6/8 due to the arches and no toilet in the bathroom. Not sure how if we're going to go down the structural wall reinforcement and removal as I image it will add a lot to the renovation. Is there free software that would allow me to play around with the design and see whether fitting a second toilet in the small bathroom is actually feasible? Also a draftsman recommendation for Melbourne (Western suburbs) would be great.

Comments (11)

• Kate
    2 years ago

We can help with layout suggestions. But can you post the unflipped plan so we can read dimensions.
    Get a builder in to look at where your roof loads are coming down onto walls. Moving bedroom walls may be an option. Short spans aren’t too expensive to address

• paige95
    2 years ago

Homestyler is a free online software that's easy to use

• dreamer
    2 years ago

My thoughts as well @Kate. Close up the bathroom bedroom door, it is not necessary and would then give room for a toilet.

• Billie Kamm
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Thanks guys.
    Unflipped plan attached.
    There is no door to the bedroom at some point someone has already closed it. We have small children so want to keep a bath. Will be taking linen cupboard space too (first wall on left) which not even in the drawing. Pic attached

• Billie Kamm
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• Billie Kamm
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We've had someone out. Apparently most walls are structural as have beams up holding roof everywhere :(

• dreamer
    2 years ago

Okay the photos are better idea of the bathroom, as the original layout is no longer there. So what is the actual size of the bathroom with linen cupboard removed? As the linen cupboard is not shown on plans either?

• dreamer
    2 years ago

Is the bathroom space with linen cupboard still 3200mm x 2000mm?

• Billie Kamm
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Actual sizes including taking the space for the linen cupboard is 3140 x 1800 (that measuring tiled wall to tiled wall for width and to doorframe for length).

Attached is what I'm *hoping* can all fit in .. in a wet room style and changing door to cavity slider

• oklouise
    2 years ago

if the bathroom dimensions don't match the plans could you please confirm dimensions of all the other rooms including all the bedrooms, laundry, hall, living and combined kitchen family room