webuser_768611213

Is my theatre ceiling suppose to have a gap opening into the roof?

HU-768611213
last year

My theatre room has like a feature ceiling which is raised in the centre and i just noticed as i was going to clean the ledge of the raised section that it isnt enclosed and is just open in to the roof space.
Is this normal or should it be completely sealed so there isnt an opening into the roof.
Concerned about spiders and other bugs coming in to the house through roof in our theatre.

Comments (7)

• dreamer
    last year

If you mean what is called a “tray ceiling”, then yes the entire ceiling should be sealed and not open to the roof space.

HU-768611213 thanked dreamer
  • HU-768611213
    Original Author
    last year

Thats the one, couldnt find the name for it.

Thank you, I thought it was abit odd that they have left it open rather then closing it off.

This image is from the top of the ceiling in the raised section. Will have to find something to cover the gap.

• dreamer
    last year

Gyprock sheets would be best. Contact a ceiling company . Can you take a photo of the ceiling from back. I don’t understand where the hole is?

• dreamer
    last year

**photo of the ceiling from further back.

• HU-768611213
    Original Author
    last year

These are only other photos i have at the moment.

I dont think i am explaining it very well but the first image i posted is from the top of the raised section of the ceiling so looking in to the side of the raised section.

• dreamer
    last year

Draw a sketch of side profile of the tray ceiling. But in any case this should be enclosed. And not open to roof space.