webuser_126683395

Frameless versus semi-frameless shower (tiles and glass on top)?

What are your thoughts about ease of cleaning,

versus the appearance?

Comments (13)

• question question
    Original Author
    last year

Would there be any other concerns or issues? I was also concerned about the mould and whether tiles and glass would have more issues, as it would be essentially a three sided surrounding by tiles.

• dreamer
    last year

Is this what you mean by “tiles and glass on top”? A nib wall in shower recess? Anything in your home requires maintenance. Bathrooms need regular cleaning and good ventilation. it is up to the users of the bathroom to wipe down the shower recess tiles and glass after each shower, just with a micro fibre cloth and a squeegee for glass. This would be the case no matter what you have as your shower walls. Good maintenance is always important.

• dreamer
    last year

These are photos of a semi frames less, and frame less shower screen. How are you adding tiles for glass to go on top. The base surround of shower or a nib wall? Please explain better.

• macyjean
    last year

Yes please, more explanation.

I remember something about weight too, the less framing the heavier the glass the stronger the attachment points need to be? Happy to be be corrected on that.

• question question
    Original Author
    last year

Correction: there will be frameless only. Is frameless an ideal option compared with any type of semi-frameless?

• macyjean
    last year

If you have no other options why ask for comparisons?

• question question
    Original Author
    last year

Because I had two options today to change my mind. And I am asking for people's experiences.

• macyjean
    last year

"frameless only" but a second option too?

I'm sorry but it is getting more confusing not less.

• Kate
    last year

'

• Kate
    last year
    • Frameless is a lot more expensive besides that. Semi frameless suits my washroom style-
  • PRO
    Beach Bathrooms
    last year

Frameless

• Anne Monsour
    last year

I have frameless in my renovated bathroom . It is clear and easy to clean . No mould traps . If cost is a factor then semi- frameless is cheaper .

• question question
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you everyone.