webuser_45595643362

Help with fitting integrated dishwasher into slightly larger space

Ben
last year

Hi all, hoping I can lend on some experienced minds on how to proceed with this one.

We are looking to replace a broken dishwasher with a new model. The previous dishwasher is a free-standing model, and sits within a cabnitry space of 607W x 864H

Due to the width being a bit wider than the normal 600W, I have to rule out semi-integrated as that would leave to big of a gap on the sides.

I thought, great, I'll just go fully integrated and get a piece of cabinetry cut to specifically fit the space needed. Bit it seems no cabinatery maker / kitchen installer in interested (I presume due to small size o the job) So I enquired with bunnings (kaboodle kitchens) but they've quoted $450 just to have a single panel cut! Plus the colour doesn't seem to be a perfect match to my white cabinets (was slightly brighter/cooler) which rules that out.

The kitchen was built before we purchased the property so I am unsure of the cabinetry make / colour.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that would avoid me simply slipping in another freestanding dishwasher? Integrated would look so much neater.

For reference I am on the Gold Coast QLD.

I've attached a photo of the current space, and a mock of what I was hoping to achieve with integrated. Thank you in advance!

Comments (3)