auldy

Has anyone used coved tiles for the wall and floor transition in wet a

auldy
last year

Too old?

Comments (7)

• Kate
    last year

Seen it in commercial. It will remove the need for caulking between wall and floor

• auldy
    Original Author
    last year

Have you ever tried them?

• bigreader
    last year

I’ve managed commercial projects that have used them. I’ve only see them with a slight non slip texture to match the rest of the floor tiles. Not the most attractive of looks. I’m not sure why they aren’t used in residential as they are very practical. I would say it comes down to manufacturing costs and thus retail costs, and that they have a limited range of colours etc. Have you seen some you like in your colour choice?

• auldy
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks for your input.
    I’m very interested basically to help eliminate the inevitable black mould that occurs along the wall / floor joints in the shower.
    Unfortunately sourcing these is very difficult.

• dreamer
    last year

I googled cove tiles and there are suppliers throughout Australia.
    This company says it is an order item, so be prepared to wait. But they are available and in many colours.

https://italiaceramics.com.au/exclusive/vitra/cove

Or this company

https://glennontiles.com.au/product/bauhaus-cove-950/

Plus many others.

• Kate
    last year

Wish I had known about them, anything to reduce need for silicone.

• Kiara Thompson
    last year

There are several advantages to hiring contractors for bathroom renovation, and Floor Tilers Sydney can be a great resource for this type of project. Here are some of the key benefits:

1. Expertise and experience: Professional contractors like Floor Tilers Sydney have the expertise and experience to complete your bathroom renovation project to a high standard. They have the necessary skills and knowledge to handle everything from demolition and plumbing to tiling and finishing work.
    2. Time-saving: Renovating a bathroom can be a time-consuming and complex process. By hiring contractors, you can save yourself a lot of time and stress. They can manage the project from start to finish, coordinating with suppliers, managing subcontractors, and ensuring that everything is completed on schedule.
    3. Access to high-quality materials: Contractors often have access to high-quality materials and equipment that are not available to the general public. This means that they can source the best materials for your project, ensuring that your bathroom renovation is durable, functional, and stylish.
    4. Cost-effective: Although it may seem counterintuitive, hiring contractors like Floor Tilers Sydney can be cost-effective in the long run. They can help you to avoid costly mistakes and ensure that the project is completed to a high standard, reducing the risk of expensive repairs or renovations in the future.
    5. Increased property value: Finally, renovating your bathroom can significantly increase the value of your property. By hiring professional contractors, you can be sure that your bathroom renovation is completed to a high standard, making it more appealing to potential buyers or renters in the future.

In summary, hiring contractors like Floor Tilers Sydney for your bathroom renovation project can save you time, money, and stress, while also increasing the value and appeal of your property.