design advise with carport conversion and duplex build

amalia renwick
11 months ago

Design Dilemma
advice for renovating

amalia_renwick19Urban Birds Design
1 hour ago

Hi everyone.
I was hoping to get some advice and ideas regarding a home I will be renovating.

The double carport is complete, I am hoping to ad another master bedroom with en-suite and also fit in a lounge room.

I will be removing the stairs and converting it into a duplex.

My issues are
. Entry is within the carport that I would like to convert to a master bed and living. I would have to relocate the front door???

Downstairs will be self contained.
Removing the stairs.
I will enclose the bed/living making it a 2 bedder, however that leaves very little space for a kitchen Yr and living

Any ideas would be great

Comments (3)

• dreamer
    11 months ago

For the lower level, in my opinion, a one bedroom with lots of room for living, is more attractive to a tenant than a very squashed two bedroom with no living space. The current living can be utilised with a sofa bed when required. What is your objective. Is this for family or a investment to be tenanted.?

• oklouise
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

as dreamer already suggested a more spacious one bedroom downstairs with small kitchen plus laundry would be more attractive for a couple than two small bedrooms and almost no living space but also depends on if you are aiming for overnight or long term tenants

and space leftover from stair well could be useful for enlarging the kitchen with a pantry and upstairs laundry and new entry allows for a study space and master bedrooms suite but you will need to confirm that the old carport is suitable for updating to living quarters but please explain where you think there is space for an extra lounge room apart from downstairs?

• dreamer
    11 months ago

Amalia, can you go into your profile and delete all the other posts which ask the same question. Just helps with keeping the comments onto one thread. Thanks.