jmennion

Laminex Black Birchply

jmennion
9 months ago

Looking for experiences with Laminex Black Birchply. Particularly in the Chalk finish.

I’d love to hear from you if you‘ve used it - is it easy to keep clean? Do water / finger marks show up easily? Most importantly do you love it or regret it??

Pic of the product - not mine :)

Comments (5)

• Kay Bodman
    8 months ago

Big regret, every finger mark, speck of dust and a constant wipe down. In my brother’s former house, absolute nightmare and they hardly used the kitchen. Where one opened the glasses cupboard sheer disaster, if you had used hand cream hours before, it showed big time. Matt finishes always do, not matter what the hype says. Black will alway show up marks, no matter what you choose. The best way to choice, go to a home centre which has products on display. Take a kit of common spills and marks, eg red wine, oil, lemon juice, tea, coffee, turmeric etc, and see what disasters can happen and how easy to clean. A kid is always helpful with Vegemite

• Julie Herbert
    8 months ago

Or have handles, can be black for a very stylish look.

• jmennion
    Original Author
    8 months ago

This is beautiful - is it the Black Birchply?

• Julie Herbert
    8 months ago

It’s stunning isn’t it, it’s Polytec, check their website.

• Kay Bodman
    8 months ago

A top range kitchen designer gave some sage advice, empty a toaster’s crumbs on the bench, if can’t really notice you are on to a winner, and smear a cupboard door with a flour paste or buttered toast, can you live with those marks? All important if it is a working cook’s kitchen, or a statement area for assembling food, eg serving up take-aways.