ccntee

Colour scheme help for my (50s?) fibro cottage in the forest

C Tee
8 months ago

We've been busy on the inside and we are almost ready to tackle the outside. We don't hate it but it's tired. We also want to get new colorbond roofing. Choosing a colour scheme inside felt so much easier and less important than choosing the exterior. I would like it to fit in with the sea of the house as well as the surrounds. We like the lighter colours but are considering some type of contrast. The colour now is very similar to Dulux White Duck and Winter Terrace but more pinky brown undertones than a greige-y green. The colorbond roof is currently Pale Eucalypt albeit very old and extremely faded. Any help, ideas or musings much appreciated ☺️

Comments (6)

• bigreader
    8 months ago

Pop over to Pinterest and search weatherboard exterior. If you see something you like, post the pic here and we’ll help with colours.

• Cee
    8 months ago

I like the pale eucalypt for the roof - nice & natural. I have begun to dispise a dark roof & am thinking of all the future summers with multi 40+ days. I suppose I'd go a light grey.. Surfmist if costal, or has anyone seen Southerly?  Paint a darker contrast for the base boards may be nice.

• Cee
    8 months ago

Gorgeous place by the way.

• PRO
    Cooper & Blake Architecture
    8 months ago

You could do a Surfmist Roof to crisp and bring to life, with the exterior being a Dulux Pozieres or Duulx Feathersoft. For a more muted/ tonal roof Colorbond Dune could work nicely with the Dulux Feathersoft to tie into the surroundings without standing out too much.

• Julz
    8 months ago

Don’t be afraid of bright colour. This style of house can really sing with jewel tones and crisp white trim. You could do 2 tone on the flat and weatherboard. https://www.houzz.com.au/hznb/photos/paradise-key-south-beach-beach-style-exterior-jacksonville-phvw-vp~9651944