an68888

Butler's pantry glass splashback questions

an68888
8 months ago

Hello Guys,

Couple of questions for butler's pantry glass splashback where we have Statuario Enato (AC888) Natural Plus AC stone benchtop. Thanks :)

q1 : In which section should we consider glass splashback? The sections are marked as 1,2,3 and 4. Do you recommend all 4 or just (1 and 2)?

q2 : What splashback color do you recommend? We are thinking to go with some color to match the brown-grey thin veining in Statuario Enato (AC888) Natural Plus AC stone benchtop. But what color should we look for?

Comments (9)

• dreamer
    8 months ago

Splash back on all 1,2,3, and four.

• dreamer
    8 months ago

I would do a herringbone tile or scallop tile, in Carrara marble look.

• bigreader
    8 months ago

1-4 vote here. And if you can afford it use the bench stone.

• an68888
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Thanks @bigreader @dreamer

Due to budget issue I need to go with glass splashback only.

So wondering what splashback color do you recommend?

We are thinking to go with some color to match the brown-grey thin veining in Statuario Enato (AC888) Natural Plus AC stone benchtop. But what color should we look for?

• bigreader
    8 months ago

I’d match the backsplash to the brown of the vein. Are you picking from a standard range of colours or able to have painted any colour?

• Kate
    8 months ago

I’d do the wall colour and ensure you have clear not green tinted glass. Do you have tile elsewhere as could just run a 100mm plain tile around the bench top

• siriuskey
    8 months ago

What splash back material have you used in the kitchen

• dreamer
    8 months ago

Regarding budget. Price up the glass splash back installed and price up subway tiles, or porcelain marble look tiles, installed. Depending on which glass you choose, it may be comparable to tiles in price. In my opinion, glass splash backs are clinical.

• robandlyn
    8 months ago

When we did our kitchen, tiles were a cheaper option than the 'proper' glass splashbacks. The cheap glass splashbacks weren't treated glass and had a green tinge in different lights. They looked cheap! Tiles come in a wide price range - you may be surprised.