connie_merrylees96

Electrician wiring downstairs cost

Conm
7 months ago

We are building in the downstairs area and needing wiring done before sheeting the walls and ceiling. I struggled to get quotes apparently there is a huge shortage of electricians, so I only manage to get one quote through so far. Could anyone tell me if this quote look reasonable? Reasonable access, no sheets are on yet. Thanks!

Comments (2)

• bigreader
    7 months ago

Not that far off the mark. Does your State require a certificate at the end? If so, get that included. Only way to be sure is to get another quote or two but depends on your time restraints.

Conm thanked bigreader
  • dreamer
    7 months ago

Regarding the quote. An electrician is a supplier of goods and services, therefore 10% GST is charged on the full invoice amount. The quote shows that the GST of 10% has been charged on total amount, which is correct. So…..why has the quote stated that gst is for parts only? “No gst charged on labour”. This is incorrect and gst is charged on the full invoice, as the calculation on the quote shows.

So…does this mean that they have not charged you the labour component? Or, the electrician doing the quote just doesn’t understand the GST system. GST is charged on all goods and services. When the electrician pays their employees this is completely different and has nothing to do with GST.

Conm thanked dreamer