webuser_613799082

80s Clinker Brick Hardie Paint Colour Request

Tim Billy
5 months ago
last modified: 5 months ago

Hi all,

Please see attached the exterior of our house. We are getting the garage door replaced with a single roller and need to specify the colour to use. We dislike the blue and would like to go white to potentially make the house cooler.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good colour match with the brick? If possible, we would keep the roof colour to keep costs down - I believe it is monument - but happy to consider all options.

We were thinking of black trim for the gutters, keep white fascia and paint the Hardie board the same colour as the roller.

All feedback is appreciated!

Comments (13)

• Kate
    5 months ago

What colour is the side of the house towards the back. If you like that light colour stick with it rather than a new colour

• Tim Billy
    Original Author
    5 months ago

That is white lattice and fence which ultimately we would change or remove altogether. I don't think the white would go well as on similar houses with white, it seems to clash heavily.

• dreamer
    5 months ago

Colorbond Gully and Doing the trims dark as you previously mentioned in your post.

• siriuskey
    5 months ago

Great thought dreamer, I have an 80's house, the roof is concrete tiles

• Kath
    5 months ago

I'm wondering if something like Colorbond Paperbark or Evening Haze would tone with the bricks more. Best to get samples. Given that the garage doors are shaded, it's not going to make much difference to the house's temperature. Painting the roof, checking the insulation, possibly putting in roof ventilation would help.

• Tim Billy
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Thank you all for your comments, especially the colour suggestions. I should also add the garage will get full Westerly sun as it is westerly facing, and no possibility of shade. So a lighter colour is desirable, I just can't seem to find one that would suit!

• siriuskey
    5 months ago

dreamers suggestion of colour bond gully or similar would work

• bigreader
    5 months ago

A light coloured garage door will make minimal difference compared to Gully (above) or similar. If heat entering the garage and onto the house is a problem, look at an arbour over the front of the garage with a vine. That will stop the heat hitting the door.

• Tim Billy
    Original Author
    5 months ago

I'm not so much worried about getting a light garage door, but I'd prefer to stay away from a dark garage door. I can put ventilation in to remove the heat from the garage if I'm really bothered.

See below my (terrible) render of the exterior.

Bluegum roof, basalt face, black trim.

• dreamer
    5 months ago

Yes, Colorbond Basalt would suit your home wonderfully. Any colour that is that shade , gully, basalt, woodland grey, as per the chart posted previously. It’s really up to your personal choice.

• Julie Herbert
    5 months ago

Great colour scheme, gully can be paired with Dune, adds a warm tone and adding Bluegum is a great contrast. Your mock up looks great also.

• bigreader
    5 months ago

I’d ditch the black and use Basalt for 5he trim. You’ll achieve a more cohesive look if you stay with three colours - the bricks being one.