lauren_hessler44

transition of driveway to garden - trip hazard

Lauren H
2 months ago

I'm wondering if someone has any advice on how to landscape around my driveway and front steps. We've just had the driveway put in and the height is not what i was expecting and has resulted in it not being level with the garden. I'm worried about the corner of the stairs, as the section where it meets the garden will be one whole step lower than where it meets the driveway. I'm also worried about the driveway stepping down when it meets the garden.

I dont know how to transition this so that it looks nice and isn't a trip hazard. We could build up the level of the garden/grass, but that would look odd where the step meets the deck.

Any ideas/suggestions would be very welcome!!

Comments (7)

• bigreader
    2 months ago

You can slope dirt so that it meet all the different heights. Then plant grow covers and low grasses.

• siriuskey
    2 months ago

are you adding any handrails on the steps, and plant a strip garden next to the driveway

• dreamer
    2 months ago

Build up the garden/lawn area to same height as start of timber steps and concrete. As bigreader has said. The ground can have it sloped to any height.

• dreamer
    2 months ago

.The steps seem an awkward designed addition. Do they lead to anywhere or are they just steps. Looks like they don’t have access to raised deck, and step up to the wall of the house?? Maybe it’s just the photo angle…..

• Kate
    2 months ago

Steps lead up to front door

• bigreader
    2 months ago

It’s the deceptive photo angle.

• Julie Herbert
    2 months ago

You could follow the curve of the driveway and add a small pebble edging, this could also go along front of steps to bring up height, then this will compliment the lawn and garden area, plant with architectural grasses for great look .