webuser_83620128

Shake or plain internal doors?

Belinda X
last month

We are replacing all of our bedroom, bathroom and laundry hollows doors with solid doors for soundproofing. Undecided on whether to get plain or shaker style. This is our hallway and I'm sure the shaker style will suit but our we are leaving our cupboards plain. Will this be weird?

Comments (4)

• bigreader
    last month

The door shown isn’t really shaker style and is probably not the best match for your house. The cupboards being plain is fine.

• Kate
    last month

Flat panel. Your oche is just a moulded door. Shaker cabinet doors give the impression of door frames to add texture to a kitchen. You already have door frames and ceiling roses and hall runners and cornices etc. don’t make doors any more of a feature

• wendyec
    last month

I agree that the moulded door shown is not really a match for the style of your home. While having plain flat doors on your cupboards is fine, I don’t think they suit the home for your main doors either. The best match would be a 3 panel door, probably available from the same supplier if you ask for a full brochure. If you are going to the expense of changing all your doors for solid doors, it’s worth the extra effort to match them to your home.

• Kate
    last month

Sorry I’m not quite sure of your style. The door cornice and rug suggesting more traditional but you have a more modern bathroom What is the profile of your skirtings and door trim are they rounder or square? Your door moulding would need to suit. Shaker would be square modern. But you could do something rounded like this pic