wafaey

Glowing driveways

Wafster NZ
9 years ago
I was wondering if anyone have installed or used glowing stone for driveways or patios?

Comments (9)

• Jenny Drew
    9 years ago
    Here, here! We'd love to see your shots Houzzers :)
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    Nope.......Never seen or heard of them.......But I do love them,
  • Wafster NZ
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hello,

Check these links out they will give you an idea about what we are talking about

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/decorative/glow-in-the-dark.html

http://www.glytromglowrocks.com/p-20.jpg

http://www.glowstones.com/#!project-gallery/c11yc
  • Charles Hrubos
    9 years ago
    Hi Wafster, We sell Glowstone (Australian trade mark) in Australia and also do some export. Check out details in our website www.nite-glo.com . In the right application, glow in the dark (photoluminescent, charged by sunlight or lights with reasonable uv content) can look and work fantastically. In other situations, a customer may have unreasonable expectations of the performance of the product and can be disappointed. Looking at the photos displayed recently on Houzz, they will definitely have been taken immediately after the glow products have been charged, and look their brightest. Also modern digital cameras enable low levels of light to be picked up, and corresponding photos may look quite a bit brighter than actual observation by eye. In the photos, one has to say WOW, but taken into a home, perhaps not fully charged, with some delay before viewing, maybe with the eyes not adjusted for night time vision, the result may not be as spectacular.
    Quite a few of our customers are concreters around Australia who use Glowstone for embedding into driveways, paths, around pools etc. If you would like more information or wish place an order, get in touch with me at info@nite-glo.com
    Charles Hrubos
  • Wafster NZ
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Hurbous,

Yeah I can imagine that the pictures are taken by pros and in the best time of the day. I think the best way is to buy a bag or two and lay them on the ground where you are planning to use them then you can make the decision based on the amount of glow you get.

Serenityhills,

I saw Allied concrete is selling it but only for paving not driveways. Do you mind telling me how many kgs you used per sqm? Also it would be great if you can take a picture of it at night.

I'm planning to use some sort of glow if I can't do exposed aggregate I'll use the paint and draw a pattern on the drive way, mark the edge.

Thanks again
  • Charles Hrubos
    9 years ago
    Hi Serenity Hills,
    Usage rate of Glowstone depends on how busy you want the glow effect to look. We have concreters using it at rates of between 50-200 grams per square metre. Typical rate is 100gsm, which means that 1kg does 10m2. Often best to get a small quantity and lay out to see what usage rate best suits your project, as Wafter suggests. I have data sheets with photos that I can email. Send your enquiry to info@nite-glo.com Thanks.
  • Charles Hrubos
    9 years ago
    Here is a photo taken of Glowstone® used in a suburban Melbourne job. Colour of this Glowstone® is Sky Blue. For more information, enquire at info@nite-glo.com
  • User
    8 years ago

Looks good for safety.