jacqui_dekwant

Red, Red & Cream! External Facade Refresh

Jacqui W
5 years ago

I'd like to update the front of my house and improve the street appeal but I'm absolutely stuck on what would match in well with my bricks. I don't mind something that contrasts I guess once I can decide what will go well with the brick I can follow the scheme through. We would also like to redo the driveway, letter box and landscaping!

Comments (7)

• Hayden DANIEL
    5 years ago
    Have you thought of rendering the house?
  • julie herbert
    5 years ago
    Hi Jacqui,
    You could refresh your trims, garage door, fence etc. in a lovely grey, Malay grey is a great colour, landscaping will make a huge difference, I would remove the tree near window to open up the area, widen garden bed add a feature tree to side of window and underplant with structural plants and grasses, remove conifer and relocate, trim up other tree into a more formal shape and mirror the underplanting, plant along fence lines with ornamental pears this will add an instant modern look, use a grey gravel mulch, a path to your new letter box could look fab also, maybe you could pressure wash the driveway then paint in grey also
    Jacqui W thanked julie herbert
  • julie herbert
    5 years ago
    Just a few more, path to letter box, and a gorgeous magnolia near window, by widening garden bed ‘s it reduces the lawn area and the watering to keep it looking lush, looks a lovely house.
  • Jacqui W
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice I was hoping a grey would be suitable - render is an option but I’d prefer to spend elsewhere. I hadn’t thought about painting the pavers that would be much better than replacing for now. I’m on mobile so will be able to look at your photos more easily tomorrow !

• julie herbert
    5 years ago
    Hi Jacqui,
    Just thinking if you paint your driveway grey you could do a planting combo of silver ‘lambs ears’ and black mondo, would look stunning against the driveway, I planted a pot of the two and everyone loves it.
    Jacqui W thanked julie herbert
  • PRO
    Timandra Design & Landscaping
    5 years ago
    To me, there is nothing wrong with the home.
    It is the garden that is causing the problem.
    I would remove the whole garden - in particular the golden pencil pine.
    I would leave the facade of you home open and have the garden around the periphery. A mix of trees and shrubs. A native garden would look good here including some small gum varieties for character. The natives will bring the birds.
    Keep the central lawn. But get the garden away from the house - it needs opening up.
    Jacqui W thanked Timandra Design & Landscaping