atroxler

jazz up this area with Asian Contempory

atroxler
9 years ago
Any Suggestions? Want it to look like a cool hotel lobby...something with wow factor.

Comments (7)

• anne dee
    9 years ago
    see inspiration pic for accents such as throw pillows and bring in some red and gold
    for an Asian contemporary look.
    Come home to Tufenkian · More Info
  • bcappa
    9 years ago
    I love the room that Anne Dee suggested. I don't have a better idea, but I want to follow your conversation to see the advice and ideas you get.
  • leelee
    9 years ago
    I'm not seeing anything in your current situation that would lean toward Asian.

Lower your TV about 8 inches so that it's just about 3 inches above the mantel.
  • atroxler
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    thanks everyone, I am leaning towards Asian because I have lots of Asian Art around the house, but don't want it to look too guody. My husband wants to paint the walls grey, that island is new venetian gold, I tought about ripping off the mantel and adding stone l the way to the ceiling...thoughts?
  • asquithoatley
    9 years ago
    Add accents with asian style cabinet, sculptures, rugs, art and large ceramics. It can look great if you choose a statement piece and build around it.
  • PRO
    Otta Decorate!
    9 years ago
    I agree with the above. You presently have a very generic room in need of colour, texture and some Asian accessories if that is the route you choose to go. Stone to the ceiling would not go well with an asian theme.