kenkigal

Replacing Ceiling Plaster Work In Historic Brownstone

kenkigal
9 years ago
Need to replace a huge historical decorative plaster "medallion" (its much more intricate than a medallion it was like scroll work) that was on the ceiling. A worker destroyed it. We have a duplicate one in the home and want to put it back. What type of professional does that type of work?

Comments (7)

• mcbmd3
    9 years ago
    Please look at Victoriana, a shop in San Francisco. They have a website.
    kenkigal thanked mcbmd3
  • kenkigal
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Thank you Ellsworth-Hallet Home Professionals! That is a great idea. mcbmd3 thank you as well, but the property is in Brooklyn, New York.. Any idea of someone who may be more local than San Fran? Or even someone who might know someone on this side of the coast/near Brooklyn New York?
  • PRO
    Renaissance Ornamental
    9 years ago
    Try Palladio Mouldings company. They are in NYC and Toronto. John, the owner, is a very nice and professional gentleman. I hope that you will find their service helpful.They even spell "mouldings" the old-fashioned way :-)
    www.palladiomouldings.com
    kenkigal thanked Renaissance Ornamental
  • kenkigal
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hello Renaissance Ornamental! Thank you very very much! I will look them up and make sure I use the old fashioned spelling of moulding in my communications, ha! :-)
  • swissgirl
    9 years ago
    Look at Architectural Sculpture at 1818 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn. They can do anything.
  • swissgirl
    9 years ago
    Forgot: also look at 67 Steuben Street, cannot recall their name right now but they made a plaster moulding that I needed some time ago, and were delightful to work with.