melda15

Dining room chairs

melda15
9 years ago
I have a dark oak refectory dining table which I had made new, but distressed to look old. It is a great, sturdy family table. I purchased some second hand chairs to go with the table about four years ago. I intended to reupholster them, but haven't gotten around to it. The chairs actually need repairs, and I am wondering whether I should repair and reupholster them, or try and find an alternative chair. I really like the style of the chair and can't think of another style to replace them with that I like and that would also be family friendly (I have young children).

Part of my concern about the chairs is that I wonder if I have took much dark wood in the room. I am also hoping to add in an antique oak tall display/storage cabinet in the corner of the room. It is an open plan living/dining/kitchen. I have a lot of beige in the room at the moment, and I was intending to incorporate some purple, possibly by reupholstering the wing chairs in a purple velvet. There is also a green accent in the cushions and the kitchen is green. I was thinking of going with a green and purple, or just a purple fabric for the dining chairs.

So, I guess I am asking:
- should I keep the chairs or are there better options?
- would purple work in the room?
- what type of fabric should I use if I do reupholster the dining (ie what would be best with kids).

Thanks

Comments (6)