prairiemoon2

Has the potted vines been successful?

As a gardener, my experience would tell me that the pots with vines in them would not allow vines to climb those overhead trellises to any successful degree. Just wondered why they didn't provided openings in paver surface to actually plant a vine in the ground?

So -- I think if the vines did not succeed, people should understand that the trellises over the door are more decorative than anything else.
Enoree Ledge · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Three River Stone
    9 years ago

Great observation. I would agree that the best alternative is to provide a cutout in the pavers or the concrete for the vine. I am not certain how the vines have performed in the long term as I have not been back to this particular house in about 2 years. I will say that I have seen this particular vine do well in large pots such as shown in the photo. I believe the vine shown is a confederate jasmine and with the proper attention can thrive in this application.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for that information and the name of the vine. I'd love to see an updated photo to see how they've done in the last 2 years. :-) The woodwork is gorgeous!

• linlax
    7 years ago

These garage doors and trellises are so beautiful, it almost would be a shame if the vines covered them!