saniyaaaaaa

Help with accessorising!

saniya choudhury
8 years ago
Recently just moved in, and really need help with ideas on colour scheme for cushions and a rug? And any other help please!

Comments (5)

• PRO
    CH Interior Design
    8 years ago

Hi Saniya,

I love the combination of yellow, grey, natural wood and black.

Usually the yellow is for the complements like cushions, rug, pictures or frame, decoration stuff...

I made a project with this combination and the result was beautiful.

In the wall where is the sofa, you can create a gallery wall with different frames.

Add a floor lamp and maybe some indoor plants.

A big rug like this one (Ikea) and then combine cushions in light grey, dark grey and yellow like in the living room picture.

In the coffee table, put decoration in yellow: candles, flowers... bowls in natural seagrass or wood, another option put decoration balls in some glass vase.

I hope to help you with this. Anything you need, contact me.

Regards,

CH Interior Design.

• PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    8 years ago

Dear Saniya,

Firstly you have to figure out which is your favourite colour you would like your space to feature? When it comes to redecorating your home, you should know which style would you go for and most important is that the living room will represent your personal taste and style too. When you made a decision than you can start off getting some ornaments and accessories for your home.

Do you prefer traditional or contemporary style, perhaps minimalist?

StJames Design Interiors

• minnie101
    8 years ago

Hi. You seem to favour purple which will obviously work with the grey. Maybe also add a little yellow in a cushion or a splash of it in some art as it works well with purple. I would definitely add a little yellow to the coffee table as I think yellow and black look stunning together. I would avoid yellow on the carpet personally. I'd paint the walls and radiator grey, 2/3 shades lighter than the sofa. Also pick up some more of the black in 1/2 frames for art or within a pattern for a cushion on the chair. The furniture looks as if it can be given a little more space, do you have a picture of the whole room?

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Hello Saniya, I am not really noticing a strong preferential colour, so you could have a think about what you really like.. but taking the current scheme and working with that, colours are beige, grey, purple, biscuit and white.. I would stick to light woods.

I also think you should bring the sofa further out into the room.. I would move the arm chair perhaps opposite the coffee table.. Do you have a little side table you could sit next to the sofa and corner wall? You might want to introduce a table lamp for accent lighting.. .. Also the coffee table is too close to the sofa.. You want to be able to move around easily.. Allow the furnishings space to breathe and thus create flow within the room...

Cushions could be light and compliment the walls..also possibly a silvery grey and even a purple would look good, looking at the candles.... I always suggest a mirror and or wall hanging such as a canvas or something you like.. It would be interesting to see the rest of the room to really get an idea of suggested placement. : ))

• PRO
    Inspire Home Products
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hi Saniya,

First of all, you have a great canvas to begin with! Neutral colours and a fresh, clean space. So that's perfect.

I see other people commenting about choosing your favourite colours, that's a great idea! However, if you'd prefer to stick to neutral. That could be great too. Here's some images i have of styles that would really suit your room...

A few simple accessories can make such a difference! Coordinating throws and cushions along with candles, candle holders, vases and flowers will make a huge impact, with very little time and money involved.

Hope that helps!

Inspire Home Products x