sue_main86

iPad app crashes

SueM
7 years ago
Hi guys. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the iPad app crashing when attempting to open the Latest Stories? The app works as per usual for everything else, but when I attempt to open a Latest Story on my iPad Air, the app crashes. On reopening the app, it opens at a page that I was on several days ago (an Advice page), despite having viewed more than a few non-Story pages since then. I hope you can help or have a solution!

Cheers, Sue

Comments (8)

• Luke Buckle
    7 years ago

Hi,

We haven't heard of others experiencing this problem but I am eager to help you out. Could you tell me, have you updated to the latest version?

• wuff
    7 years ago
    Hi Sue, I hope this won't sound insulting, but have you powered off and restarted, when things start crashing on my iPad it usually fixes it or delete then reinstall the app, any idea books should still be their, I have had to do it a few times. Good luck, I hope it fixes for you.
  • bigreader
    7 years ago
    I'm on an iPad continually without probs with Houzz app. I second deleting the app and reinstalling.
  • SueM
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks for the responses!

I had reset my iPad (twice!), and had also made sure I had the latest version of the app - all the usual things you do to fix things, lol. As it turns out, the latest iOS update seemed to have fixed it.

It was very weird though, as the rest of the app worked fine, it was just the Stories that were the issue. *shrugs*
  • User
    7 years ago

Luke, the Russian bot has been seen again. I believe it has been reported on US site.

• telperien
    7 years ago
    Luke, I asked advice about this problem back in April. It is still a persistent problem for me despite restarting the iPad and re-installing and updating. It drives me crazy!!
  • telperien
    7 years ago
    In fact, it has just done it three times while I have been trying to write a comment. For me, it isn't restricted to reading the Latest Stories, although it certainly happens then!