gioenne_rapisarda

Outdoor baths: yay or nay?

I came across this AMAZING project from Auckland and found myself pretty much salivating at this outdoor bath/shower combo. But then I started thinking about the practicality of it - privacy, keeping the bath clean, rain.

What do you think, are these enough to put you off the idea or would you incorporate something similar?

William Denny · More Info

Yay - I'm all for it!
Nay - No way, Jose!

Comments (3)

• philippawright
    7 years ago

Great home.

I have an outdoor shower was I live adjacent to the beach but only ever use it to wash our feet. It is hard to keep the metals used maintained.

I like the idea of being under the stars but in reality i think i would rather have a different vibe than an indoor bath. A spa or jacuzzi adjacent to a pool is potentially more social.

Overall a nice extra but certainly not instead of an indoor bathroom especially in the winter time.

• Bernadette Staal
    7 years ago

How often would you use it (especially in New Zealand). What about privacy - do you really want your neighbours to be able to see (or know when) you have a bath. If is in on a balcony like the photo - I say a definite NO NO. If you live in a bush setting and want to share a bath with all the insects (great and small) then I guess that is a decision only you can make. Perhaps a small hot tub or spa may be the answer.

• MSWLE
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

It looks like there is a shower inside that area as well for everyday showering. I like the idea for when the evenings are mild with muted lighting or those early showers in the heat of a summers morning. But watch out for the neighbors next door, if they ever needed their roof looked at. Maybe the uprights could've been a bit closer together.