fandebbiedozey

Need help with my new apartment (to be built)

fandebbiedozey
7 years ago

I purchased an apartment off plan and am now at the stage where I am working with the developer on any changes I would like to make to the unit. They are pretty flexible with the changes that can be made (obvs at a cost), the only restrictions is that the structural walls & inter-tenancy walls (stripped & spotted walls) and there are two risers (in the bathroom & ensuite) that cant be changed/moved.

The unit is a 'dual key' unit so is essentially a 2 bed apt but then has two internal lockable doors which split out the unit to a 1 bed apartment and a studio (with ensuite & kitchenette). I will be living in the 1 bed and will rent the studio (but one day I might earn enough or have a partner/kids in which case I'll use the apt as a 2 bed apt.)

I would love to engage a designer to do this process with but the budget doesnt allow for it (I'm assuming here it would be in the thousands and not hundreds).

So I was hoping that the Houzz community might be able to assist me.

Just after some advise on if there are any improvements that you think can be made to the apartment that jump out to you.

I'm set on floor coverings, paint finishes, bathroom tiles & fittings its more improvements to the layout I'm after and assistance with the open plan living area.

I am happy with layout of ensuite as loo isnt opposite door but I dont like layout of bathroom as loo is opposite door and i dont like the 'laundry' would be open to opening this space up so laundry and bathroom in one room.

Is the kitchen in the best position? Thought of moving to TV wall and maybe having an island but then dont know how best to layout rest of space or where to put TV.

Thanks in advance for your time and thought, I really appreciate it.

Comment (1)