breemccarthy

Ghostgum laminex

Bree
6 years ago

Hello,

I had originally chose this laminex colour as an off white option with a soft grey undertone for some of my cabinetry - however all the images I have seen online show this laminex to have a creamy / yellow tone. Has anyone used or recommended this colour in their cabinetry and can you please provide your thoughts/images?

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    6 years ago

Never select colours off the internet! There are too many variables with lighting, cameras, graphics cards and monitors to make a decision with any accuracy. Even if you had a high end graphic designer's monitor with realistic colour rendition your interpretation of the image will be affected if the photo was taken under a warm light or cool light. Please get Laminex to send you a sample chip, or pick one up from your cabinetmaker. By reviewing the sample in your room where you will be using it under different light conditions such as daytime and artificial light, is the ONLY way to make the right decision.

Best of luck with your cabinetwork.

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

Bree thanked Dr Retro House Calls
  • PRO
    Laminex Australia
    6 years ago

Hi Bree,

I hope you're having a great day.

Great choice, we really love this colour too! We would definitely suggest ordering a sample online, as the colours and finishes for all imagery and swatches online and in a brochure may vary due to paper, printing processes and lighting. If you would like to email us at socialmedia@laminex.com.au with your full name, address and contact number, I can arrange to send you a sample.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else! Best of luck with your project.

Thanks, Laminex

• Lorin Goodchild
    6 years ago
    Check out buildingthecharlton33 on Instagram.. they have got a number of photos of their kitchen using the ghostgum and it doesn’t look yellow at all.
  • Tricky Nosi
    4 years ago

Hi Bree, did you go with ghost gum laminex in the end and if so, what paint colour did you team it with? Hope your project went well

• Louisa Carrera
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

what colour are your walls? that looks great.

• Tricky Nosi
    3 years ago

hi Louisa, not 100% certain, but it was either lexicon quarter or lexicon half. Island lower colour is matched to dulux raku.

• Rebekah Thomas
    2 years ago

Hi Tricky, are you still happy that you matched ghost gum cabinets with Kn Lexicon 1/4? Or was it half? I want to match like thus too but the interior contact persuaded me to go with snowy mountain 1/4. Im really not sure.

• Felicity Ison
    2 years ago

Just saw this Rebekkah, try sample pots if you not sure: I dont live there but feedback was good. Lexicon half walls, lexicon quarter trim