julie_gallant_linzel

Difficulty CHoosing BackSplash with Cream Cupboards/ Grey Granite!!

J Gallant- Linzel
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have cream Bodbyn IKEA cupboards with a fairly elaborate grey granite counter- that has more of a white in the back- with some black veins-

Having a hard time finding a backsplach that is neutral but complimenting- white makes the cupboards look yellow- I want a fresh beachy feel and not stifle it with dark grey-- is there a cream-white/grey glass mix anyone is aware of?

Any suggestions?

Comments (5)

• Denita
    6 years ago

Post a pic so we can see what you see...

• J Gallant- Linzel
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    color is shown here. grey island and revere pewter walls.
  • PRO
    Etienne Interiors
    6 years ago

The Bobdyn cabinets have a yellow undertone to them, so next to a pure white, they will appear more yellow. I would stay away from any tile with white for this reason. Since you would like a fresh, beachy feel, I would utilize a glass tile in a grey tone from your counter top. The counter top appears to have grays with a blue undertone, so I would select a gray glass tile with a blue undertone as well so that it coordinates. This kitchen uses a gray glass tile with beige undertones to coordinate with the counter top. You can see the efffect this creates.

Great Hills Kitchen Remodel · More Info

• PRO
    DIY Decor Store
    4 years ago

These glass tiles would look great with the light colors in your kitchen:https://www.houzz.com/products/aspect-3x6-in-glacier-prvw-vr~40877467. The color is more of an icy blue, so it would pair well with your countertop color!

• jonnyt
    2 years ago

Realizing this post is a few years old but wondering what you ended up choosing for a backsplash. My cabinets and counter are very similar to yours and I’m struggling to find a tile. Thank you