birmingham_thinks

toilet or cloakroom

first time buyer keen to have somewhere for coats and bags
keep 2nd toilet
turn it into a cloak room

Comments (15)

• Ellie
    6 years ago
    I don't think a 2 bed flat needs a cloakroom, assuming you have enough cupboard space in the bedrooms for coats and bags. I would leave it as is. Get loads of coathooks on backs of doors.
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    it is turning into 3 bedroom flat for 2kids, 2 adults
  • PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    6 years ago

Where is the entrance for the kitchen ?

I would have , a coat stand and a coat wall rack, on the wall in front of the main entrance , if its not the entrance to the kitchen or as soon you enter the main living room on the left hand side by the door, you can have a built in cupboard with sliding door or doors

• Birmingham Thinks
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    yep mistake, that is kitchen door, but we are considering turning it into a wall and making kitchen open into the lounge
  • Ellie
    6 years ago
    Are you extending, it moving walls? Can you show us a plan of how the rest is going to be?
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    sure here is one idea
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I am leaning towards keeping toilet now despite voting otherwise, as you can hang coats and bad anywhere, but going to the toilet....
  • Angie
    6 years ago
    Is there space to hang coats in the cloakroom? (The clue's in the name...)
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    not really, there is a boiler and a toilet
  • PRO
    Spencer Marchand
    6 years ago

The new layout definitely enhances the usability of the space from a daily living aspect. If it's possible from a structural side of things, removing the kitchen wall and opening it up into the living room will give the space a really nice flow between the spaces. Looks like you have a good idea of what you want to achieve. Good Luck with your future project.

• Birmingham Thinks
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    cheers thanks for all your help, the toilet will stay
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    amazing thank you
  • nobleseneb
    5 years ago

Coats in the hall are, I think, a very personal thing: we keep our hall coat-and-shoe free - guests' garments we store in our dressing room. BUT, my sister-in-law's hall is a-jumble of coats, hats, umbrellas and all the detritus of family life - far to messy for me, but it's how they feel comfortable and therefore how they should live.

If I were in your position, I'd keep the loo and set aside some wardrobe space for visitors' coats.

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    5 years ago

If the kitchen is going to open up into the reception room, why not put a cupboard in the hallway for coats (where the kitchen door would have been)? I would definitely keep the 2nd WC.

Shannon